Vancouver, B.C., May 26th, 2016
EnWave Corporation (TSX-V:ENW | FSE:E4U) (“EnWave”, or the "Company" - http://www.commodity-tv.net/c/search_adv/?v=295748 ) today reported the Company’s consolidated interim financial results for the second quarter ended March 31, 2016. The Company reported consolidated revenue of $4,586,000, and a consolidated net income from continuing operations of $95,000 for the second quarter.
This quarter’s positive net income was a first in the history of the Company. The material increase in revenues was due to the continued expansion and accelerated distribution of Moon Cheese® through EnWave’s subsidiary, NutraDried LLP, and the continued growth in sales of royalty-bearing Radiant Energy Vacuum (“REV™”) machines.
EnWave also generated positive cash flow from operating activities for the six months ended March 31, 2016, prior to changes to non-cash working capital, of $874,000.
Significant additional achievements in the second quarter include:
1) Receiving a purchase order for a 100kW REV™ machine from Gay Lea Foods Co-operative;
2) Signing a royalty-bearing Commercial License Agreement with Eregli Agrosan and receiving a purchase order for REV™ machinery;
3) Making significant milestones in design and construction of REV™ machines for two pharmaceutical partners; and,
4) Signing a Technology Evaluation and License Option Agreement with a major Australasian Dairy Company.
EnWave’s Radiant Energy Vacuum (“REV™”) technology is well positioned to capture market share in both the food and pharmaceutical drying industries. The intrinsic value of using REV™ technology as an alternative to conventional options has been proven in several market verticals on a global basis. EnWave anticipates continued commercial success and growth in the worldwide deployment of REV™ technology.
EnWave Corporation is a Vancouver-based industrial technology company developing commercial applications for its proprietary Radiant Energy Vacuum (REV™) dehydration technology. EnWave aims to sign royalty-bearing commercial licenses with leading food and pharmaceutical companies for the use of its revolutionary technology. To date, the Company has signed sixteen royalty-bearing commercial licenses with various companies, thereby opening up eight distinct market sectors for commercialization. In addition to these fifteen licenses, EnWave has formed a Limited Liability Partnership, NutraDried LLP, to develop, manufacture, market and sell all-natural cheese snack products within the United States of America under the Moon Cheese® brand.
EnWave is introducing REV™ technology as a new dehydration standard in the food and biological material sectors, with benefits including, but not limited to, a faster and cheaper method compared to freeze drying, with better end product quality than air drying or spray drying. EnWave currently has three commercial REV™ platforms:
1. nutraREV® (food industry applications): designed for quick, low-cost dehydration of fruits, vegetables, herbs, dairy products, meats and seafood, with benefits including improved nutritional content, appearance, flavor and texture relative to conventional methods.
2. quantaREV® (food industry applications): designed for high-volume, low-temperature dehydration of solids, liquids, granular or encapsulated products.
3. powderREV® (pharmaceutical applications): designed as a high-speed, lower-energy, continuous alternative to freeze drying for bulk dehydration of temperature-sensitive biomaterials (bacteria, cell-free extracts, enzymes, probiotics, food cultures, etc.).
In addition, EnWave is currently developing a new commercial REV™ platform:
1. freezeREV® (pharmaceutical applications): a multi-vial prototype technology designed to act as an accelerated freeze dryer to produce room-temperature stable biopharmaceuticals and reagents.
More information about EnWave is available at www.enwave.net.
Dr. Tim Durance
President & CEO
For further information:
John Budreski, Executive Chairman at +1 (416) 930-0914
Brent Charleton, Senior Vice President, Business Development at +1 (778) 378-9616
Jeremy Hellman, Senior Associate
The Equity Group
+1 (212) 836-9626
Safe Harbour for Forward-Looking Information Statements: This press release may contain forward-looking information based on management's expectations, estimates and projections. All statements that address expectations or projections about the future, including statements about the Company's strategy for growth, product development, market position, expected expenditures, and the expected synergies following the closing are forward-looking statements. All third party claims referred to in this release are not guaranteed to be accurate. All third party references to market information in this release are not guaranteed to be accurate as the Company did not conduct the original primary research. These statements are not a guarantee of future performance and involve a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, there may be other factors that cause results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.